The Buloke & Loddon L2P Learner Driver Mentor Program is a state wide initiative funded by the state government and managed by Vic Roads.
The program aims to provide assistance to young people who are facing significant barriers to completing their mandatory 120 hours of supervised on road driving experience through the support of Volunteer Mentors from the community.
Young people are matched with fully licensed volunteer mentors and have access to a sponsored vehicle to gain driving experience.
L2P is free for eligible young people. To join an L2P Program, you need to:
- Be between 16 and 20 years of age
- Hold a current learner’s permit, and
- Not have access to a vehicle, a supervising driver or both.
To become a volunteer mentor in the L2P program, you need to:
- Be over 21 years of age
- Hold a current full Victorian drivers licence, and
- Meet requirements of the L2P program.
Volunteers are asked to allocate a minimum of 2 hours per fortnight.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program please contact Buloke Loddon L2P Coordinator Peter Aurisch on 0467 787 328 or email email@example.com